The Way of the Crichton
Truly, Farscape has much to teach us. One path to enlightment that I can heartily recommend is The Way of the Crichton. Here are some teachings.
- Try to save a life every day, even if it's yours.
- Never let the voices in your head get too uppity.
- Living in the country doesn't mean you speak the language.
- Sometimes you have to take one for the team. Sometimes, you have to take the triple.
- Don't accept charity: you have two hands to fall back on.
- Pack smart: you may be traveling to a place without chocolate.
- Don't be afraid to ask the voices in your head for a "Hell, yeah!" now and then.
- Half the fun is waiting to see how your plans go south.
- If necessary, take lessons on how to lose: you might as well get used to it.
- Know how your home is built: it's amazing how knowing which doors are detachable can be useful.
- It should be easy, but it's never easy.
- Some of the people who can see the future can't handle the present.
- Its not just science, it's never only science. It can always be used as a weapon.
Additions? Email me.John Weiss