Seeing as I'll no doubt have many computers in the future, I have chosen to name my computers after fictional planets. This means that most will be from SciFi movies, TV shows and stories. However, I'm welcomed to good fantasy planets, as well.
- Lh'owon — Homeworld of the Sph't in the Marathon trilogy of games. (Most of M2 is spent on this world.) Name of my PowerBook, purchased in 2004.
- A'tuin — The great turtle in Terry Pratchett's Discworld series. My Dell desktop machine at home.
- Minbar — Homeworld of the, well, Minbari. Babylon 5 again. The name of my little Dell Inspiron laptop. The name fits, anyhow.
- Zhadum — Homeworld of the Shadows on B5. My Gateway desktop machine in grad school.
- Frogstar— A silly idea from the HHGTTG series, with planets A–D. Name of my PDA. (Currently on A, but would welcome a donation of B)
- Terminus— Home of the Foundation in Asimov's Foundation series.
- Trantor— Home of the Galactic Empire in the Foundation Series.
- Magrathea— The planet that built custom-made planets in the Hitchhiker's Guide Series.
- Kzin — The home planet of the K'zinti in Niven's Known Space series.
- Wunderland — A Human-colonized planet in Known Space.
- Mordor — Home of the Dark Lord in The Lord of the Rings
John Weiss Last modified: Sat Aug 30 16:53:00 MDT 2003